Last updated: March 18th, 2022
- This policy applies to all services offered by EDOOKING TECHNOLOGIES INC. (the “Company,” “we,” “us,” “our”), including, without limitation, the Site (as defined in our Terms of Service(“ToS”)) all associated applications, and governs data collection and usage. The security and integrity of our customers’ personal information is important to us. We take every reasonable measure necessary to protect the privacy of our customers while providing the high-level communication services they expect. By using any of the Company’s Services (as defined in our ToS), including, without limitation, the Site, you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
- The Company’s privacy practices are in accordance with all federal and provincial laws and regulations, namely the Personal Information Protection Act of British Columbia (PIPA) and the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA). As such, you have the right to access and/or correct your information, the right to withdraw your consent, and the right to report any infractions, or file complaints relating to the handling or use of your information.
- The Company has privacy and security practices in place to safeguard our customers’ personal information. These practices are reviewed, and if necessary revised, on a regular basis. Additionally, the Company’s employees receive privacy training and must comply with the Company’s privacy practices as a condition of employment.
- Personal information collected by the Company is information about an identifiable individual that may include, without limitation, identifying information (e.g. your legal name; email address; mailing/billing address; phone number(s); financial and/or credit card information; birth date; national identification numbers; IP address; documents that may include your photograph and/or government identifier; and any recorded complaints), financial information (e.g. bank and credit account information, credit history, as applicable, details of any transactions carried out using any of the Services), network activity (e.g. information collected through Cookies and other tracking technologies as listed herein and as described in the section entitled “Cookies and Tracking,” below), commercial information (e.g. information about your business, if applicable), geolocation data, professional or employment information (e.g. your name and contact information; professional credentials and certifications; educational and work experience; salary; evaluations; references; interviews; disciplinary actions; and other information of the type included on a resume, curriculum vitae, or cover letter), and any other information that you choose to provide to us via email or other contact methods. We may collect this information directly from you, third parties acting on your instruction (e.g. recruiters, advisors, etc.), other Site users and customers, our Service Providers (defined below), affiliates, and/or via third-party analytic tools, cookies, and other software, as described in the section entitled “Cookies and Tracking.”
- The Company does not use or disclose sensitive personal information, such as race, religion, political affiliations, or sexual preference without your explicit consent. (If disclosure of any of the above is a component of an application to an educational program, your submission of that application will be considered explicit consent.)
- We collect customer information for one or more of the following purposes:
a. to provide a positive customer experience, to process your registration, and deliver, bill for and collect payment for products and services;
b. to understand customer requirements and make information available regarding products and services offered by the Company and its agents, suppliers, and affiliates, including, without limitation, the exploration or programs for which you are eligible;
c. to create an account, student profile, as part of the process of applying to an educational institution, and access and interact with other Services available on the Site;
d. to enforce our ToU, and to prevent, detect and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, including fraud;
e. to manage and develop the Company business and operations;
f. to meet legal and regulatory requirements; and
g. to obtain credit information or provide it to Service Providers and affiliates.
- The Company uses other companies, agents, or contractors (“Service Providers”) to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with the provision of services to you. For example, we may engage Service Providers to provide marketing, advertising, communications, infrastructure, and IT service, to personalize and optimize our service, to process credit card transactions or other payment methods, to provide customer service, to collect debts, to analyze and enhance data (including data about users’ interactions with our service), and to process and administer consumer surveys. In the course of providing such services, these Service Providers may have access to your personal or other information. We do not authorize them to use or disclose your personal information except in connection with providing their services.
- If you directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through publicly accessible forums on the Site, you do so at your sole risk as this information may be collected and used by others, including anonymously.
- The Company encourages you to review the privacy statements of websites you choose to link to from the Company so that you can understand how those websites collect, use, and share your information. The Company is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on websites outside of our website. This includes, without limitation, any social media plug-ins or applications.
Cookies and Tracking
- Cookies are small data files that are commonly stored on your device when you browse and use websites and online services. They are widely used to make websites work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide reporting information and assist with service or advertising personalization. Cookies are not the only types of technology that enable this functionality; we also use other, similar types of technologies.
- We and our Service Providers may use the following types of cookies:
a. Essential cookies:
b. Performance and functionality cookies:
These cookies are not essential, but help us to personalize and enhance your online experience with the Company. For example, they help us to remember your preferences and prevent you from needing to re-enter information you previously provided (for example, during member sign-up). We also use these cookies to collect information (such as popular pages, conversion rates, viewing patterns, click-through and other information) about our visitors’ use of the Company’s service so that we can enhance and personalize our website and service and conduct market research. Deletion of these types of cookies will result in limited functionality of our service.
c. Advertising cookies:
These cookies use information about your visit to this and other websites, such as the pages you visit, your use of our service or your response to ads and emails, to deliver ads that are more relevant to you. These types of ads are called “Interest-Based Advertising”. Many of the advertising cookies associated with our service belong to our Service Providers.
d. Web beacons (also known as clear gifs or pixel tags)
often work in conjunction with cookies. We and our Service Providers may use them for similar purposes as cookies, such as understanding and enhancing the use of our service, improving site performance, monitoring visitor traffic and actions on our site, and understanding interactions with our marketing (including email and online ads on third party websites). Because web beacons often work in conjunction with cookies, in many cases, declining cookies will impact the effectiveness of web beacons.
e. We may use other technologies that are similar to cookies, such as browser storage and plugins (e.g., HTML5, IndexedDB, and WebSQL). Like cookies, some of these technologies may store small amounts of data on your device. We may use these and various other technologies for similar purposes as cookies, such as enforcing our terms, preventing fraud, and analyzing the use of our service. There are a number of ways to exercise choice regarding these technologies. For example, many popular browsers provide the ability to clear browser storage, commonly in the “settings” or “preferences” menus; see your browser’s help function or support page to learn more. Other technologies, such as Silverlight storage, may be cleared from within the application.
- The Company’s service and its content are not intended for children under the age of majority in the jurisdiction within which they reside without parental supervision. The Company does not knowingly collect or maintain any personal information from anyone under the age of majority on the service. By registering and using the service, the user warrants that they have reached the age of majority in their Province, Territory, or jurisdiction, or is accessing the service with parental consent. If an individual under the age of majority in their Province, Territory, or jurisdiction is found to have registered by falsely claiming to be the appropriate age during registration, the Company will delete the account and will remove and/or delete any personal information that may have been submitted by that individual.
- Most web browsers allow you to manage how you interact with cookies and other tracking technologies, including accepting or declining them automatically, prompting you on a site by site basis, and deleting existing cookies. These settings are typically accessible via the browser’s “Settings” menu. Instructions are available for Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Safari. Note that disabling all cookies may result in your inability to use some or all of the features of the Site, and certain tracking techniques will be unaffected by cookies settings.
Disclosure and Storage
- The Company does not use or disclose personal information for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual or as required by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on the Company or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of the Company; and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Company, or the public. However, the Company may share anonymous information about the use of the service with a customer’s Internet service provider or cable operator for the offering, operation, improvement, and payment of this service as well as to identify you and Services for which you have paid. Information collected and/or transmitted by the Company may be subject to the laws of the jurisdiction where it is stored and/or transmitted. the Company retains personal information only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes. If your account is canceled, the Company may retain your personal information for up to 24 months, or such other period as required by law, and will then delete it.
- The Company informs customers of the existence, use, and disclosure of their personal information upon request, and gives them access to their information.
- The Company requires that customer information is accurate, complete, and up-to-date. Customers should review the accuracy and completeness of the information and request amendments as appropriate.
- The Company may share personal information with other Company affiliates in order to identify and offer customers products and services that they may find attractive. Notices on sharing information are contained in each affiliates’ application forms, invoices, and websites. If customers do not want to be marketed with these products and services, they can opt out by contacting the Company (see How to Contact the Company, below).
- All information provided to us is stored on our secure servers. All payment transactions are encrypted using SSL technology. When certain sections of the Site or Service(s) require password access, you are responsible for keeping your password(s) confidential. Allowing unauthorized third-parties to access the Site or Services via your login information may result in the termination of your access to the Site.
How to Contact the Company
- An officer has been appointed as the Privacy Officer at the Company. The Privacy Officer is accountable for all personal information at the Company. Customers that wish to obtain more information about the Company’s commitment to privacy, access or obtain more information about their personal information held by the Company, opt out of any optional use of their data, including, without limitation, marketing analytics, or to make a privacy-related complaint may contact the Company’s Privacy Officer:
Name: Samuel Silva
Edooking Technologies Inc.
Address: P.O. Box: 18563
Vancouver RPO West Georgia, BC, V6Z 0B3 Canada